Since people I don't even know are starting to ask me where I've been for three weeks (who are you Andrew?), I thought a tiny update would be better than more silence. I feel bad about the fact that I haven't written in a while, but not too bad because most of my time has been taken up with the process of learning to be a good teacher (or at least adequate!). This month has been both challenging and rewarding for me, but in list form here's what I'm frustrated with...
-Never being told what's going on and not knowing where to find things out (like when half my class just stood up and walked out of class yesterday to go tot he school doctor!)
-Smart students who don't care enough to do homework or study for quizzes
-The line for the copy machine
- Not feeling I've found a church home in Bp yet
I'm thankful for...
-having a copy machine!
-getting to know my students at a deeper level
-Family of Faith Church
-the Budapest Christian Library
-my fellow (Christian) American teachers
-the cultural events of the big city
-all my students (seriously, I can find good things to say about every single one of them)
Lots of love!
10/05/2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The blogging myths
Filed in archive Entrepreneurship Being involved with a blog media network for nearly two years now I was wondering about some of the industry myths: The Domain Name thing We always thought topic specific ...
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my Children related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.
good to know you're alive and learning things.
Students can be dissapointing, can't they? Although I must admit that I can be relieved when they mess up because I need to give out some Cs. Horrible? yes. True? also yes.
Hi!
It is sad when smart students don't apply themselves. Another sad part of teaching is when students who really struggle to learn (and work hard at putting in a lot and time and effort because learning is not easy for them) still do poorly.
But still, teaching is extremely rewarding. And I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy your students! Keep having fun. :)
Good to hear from you again, Matt. I keep hearing all these discouraging things about teaching from newbie teachers, but I'm hoping there are some rewards too. I'm sure you're doing a great job. By the way, are the leaves changing color in your neck of the woods? They sure are here.
Sorry, Sarah - didn't mean to be discouraging. I love teaching, at least for now! And yes, the leaves are turning; it makes me want to go on a hay ride.
Have you forgotten your esi training roommate already? ;)
Post a Comment