Though I often get work from students that makes me laugh until it hurts, I've hesitated to post it on my blog for general enjoyment. Remember I'm the same person who wonders at the ethics of censoring spam comments on my blog - publishing student work without permission seems sketchy. The following, however, is a story the author had to read aloud to his class. Because it is already a public document I don't feel bad about posting it. That and I really like it! By the way, a passable knowledge of the international soccer scene will help in the reading.
"Once upon a time there was a little fat soccer koala named Konaldo. He had a very good friend called Benhaldinho. Konaldo and Benhaldinho were football players on the Koalaian national team. They had a magical food, the eucalyptus footballus. But there was a very bad rock kangaroo called Jumpy. This rock kangaroo was the minister of Kangaruantina. He didn't like football and he hated Koalai. The standard of living was higher in Koalai. Education and tourism were also high, but inflation was very high in Kangaruantina. [editor's note: can you tell what type of vocab we were working on that they had to include in their story?] In Kangaruantina the government wanted to steal the eucalyptus footballus. They charged Jumpy to steal it. One day there was a football match between Koalai and Kangaruantina. It was a "war" because Konaldo played against his enemy Ronaldingo. Konaldo's team lost the match because Jumpy stole the eucalyptus footballus. The fans started to fight. The police came and took them to jail. The police also took Jumpy to jail because they discovered he stole the magical food. So they lived happily after in freedom."
Well done, Gabor.
10/27/2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Today's quote of the day dealt with censorship though I thought I'd share:
"Freedom of the press is limited to those who own one."
A. J. Liebling (1904 - 1963)
For the record, I seriously doubt that reading something aloud in class constitutes it as a "public document." Unless class is something that anyone can come to or anyone can teach or something. Given the grave nature of the naplo and its arcane influence, that's unlikely. In fact, what you did here was probably a felony in Hungary.
I think this is a very good story because I wrote it.hahaha batman is better than spideman
Yes it is,but what happened with Benaldinho???
Yes it is,but what happened with Benaldinho???
I think the "Super Squirrel" was better.:)))
Post a Comment