4/10/2006
woof!
This morning I dashed out the door of our building because I woke up a little late and I nearly stepped on... a puppy! I live at one of the buildings of my school, and it's kind of like a small compound. We have a nice 6 foot fence with barbed wire at the top - haven't figured out if that's to keep intruders out or students in. Bobak, the manager of the base (as we affectionately call it), decided it would be a good idea to get a dog to bolster security. Of course, he picked an incredibly cute and friendly beagle/collie mix. We're trying to think of a suitable Hungarian name for him - any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
How about Husfej? I suppose this could be translated as "meathead." Do I get free paprika for being the first one to respond??
Ryan
Well, there's the only Hungarian thing I know "Paprika" which sounds feminine to me. . .
How about Lotzy? I'm not sure how to spell it, but that was our bus driver's name in Hungary on my first band tour. Although it might be too common of a name in Hungary, and then you'd be insulting a bunch of people by naming a dog after them.
I'm so glad you're in Hungary... I feel like I am living vicariously through you. Hope you're having fun!
Rebecca Dekker
Excellent suggestions - thanks! I was informed recently that he is simply going to be called "kutya," which means dog. I have to say I'm a little disappointed, but that's ok. (I think I'm still gonna call him husfej when he's bad, Ry.) And Rebecca, Laci is a typical name here and I have two Lacis in class. If I was going to name the puppy after a student it wouldn't be them - probably Gergo.
Post a Comment