10/24/2007

life update, list style

-City of residence: Cleveland, Ohio (specifically, Parma Heights)

-Number of negative myths the city has lived up to: Zero (the river is NOT on fire)

-Most enjoyable Cleveland events: Indians games at the Jake, West Side Market on Saturday mornings, The Lion King at the State Theater, Martin Sexton in a basement hole-in-the-wall bar in Cleveland Heights, the Cleveland Metroparks system, etc.

-Day job: ESL teacher at International Services Center

-Average age of students at ISC: 31 (estimate)

-Location of ISC: the heart of downtown Cleveland

-Number of nationalities of students: 20, and counting

-Length of my daily bus ride: 38 minutes each way, traffic dependent

-Reading I get done on the bus: lots

-Distance from my house to the library: one block

-Night Job: serving at Antonio’s, the local family-owned pizzeria

-Number of years Antonio’s has been open: 36

-Television star who loves Antonio’s and used our pizza boxes on his show: Drew Carey

-Number of church homes found in Cleveland: Zero (please pray for us!)

-Plan for the future we’re mulling over: me going to seminary in the fall

-Age of Kaitlin Annette, my darling neice: 3 months today!

-Date of her baptism: October 13, 2007 (she cried the whole way through it)

-Things about Budapest I miss: countless

-Things about Budapest I don’t miss: also countless

-Average number of days a week I see Marianne now: 7

-(As a reminder) Average number of days a week I saw Marianne a year ago: 0.34

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I don't know how long of a drive this would be, but it looks promising. It was planted by the same church plant organization my church was..Acts 29.

http://www.catalystchurch.cc/

Unknown said...

We got your letter this week! Thanks so much for sending it! There will be a collaborative response at some point...

Life here has been sooooo amazing! Thanks for all the tips and help at training. We just got a new stove at the Bazis... just in time for Thanksgiving!!!

Eva and Eva say Hi... as well as Gabi.

:-)

LCHS 2013 said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that things are going well!