
While I'm a week late (see my next post for why) I want to comment on school ending. Friday the 15th was the last day of classes, and with it came the end of my time at Kossuth. I was touched and a bit overwhelmed by the many thanks I got.
I did not enjoy saying goodbye, and I earnestly hope to see many of these wonderful young people again.
As often seems the case I came to
Hungary hoping to help people and do some good, but came away feeling far more helped than helpful.
However many lessons I may have taught those kids, I guarantee I learned tenfold more from them.
Just a few of those lessons: I learned countless things about myself and my personality (like where my breaking point is when dealing with unruly teenagers).
I learned about my country and the way it’s perceived (it’s so much more complex than “they like the people, but don’t like the government”). I learned, once again, how important community is and what a blessing it can be (thank you, Tracey, Jon, Chris, and so many others). And I especially learned, as I will probably have to keep learning my whole life, that nothing, neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything in all creation can separate me from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 comment:
...said one of the best American teachers ever...:D
Thanks for the memories:"where is my pen?"-game,softball,the cookee making-was very...hmmm...cool!
your birthday,"goodbye"-ZP,and the unforgettable lessons,too.
we loved you,and your lessons-THANK YOU!
Adrienn
Post a Comment