Don't you hate when your education gets in the way of your education? At approximately 1:45 last night, I realized the take-home final I was writing had far less educational value than the latest crazy project of Nathan's. At about 11:00 he decided that multinational media conglomerates are evil and wanted to find out just how powerful they are (basically about 7 corporations control all media worldwide - I would say pretty powerful). He started with Universal Vivendi, and found that almost every music group he has ever listened to is signed by a label they own. At some point during his rant I pointed him in the direction of PBS's fantastic special on marketing to teenagers, The Merchants of Cool. After watching the hour long program, he felt like his blinders had been taken off. I don't think I've seen him that excited since he discovered the joys of online poker. And there I was, sitting at my computer trying to explain why Rev. Hooper is a prideful jerk, not a penitent sinner. Now how is that can help save the world?
12/16/2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment